Successful businesses, no matter how small or large, are able to focus, like a laser beam, on what’s important: innovation, customer service, growth, company culture, and winning against their competition.
Finance and accounting, while critical to business operations, is often deemed urgent, but not important. Yet so many executives like you allow themselves to get distracted from these critical success factors by responding to inquiries, tracking down missing checks, making sure the books get closed accurately, and reconciling accounts.
If you are looking for better ways to focus on growing your business you may want to consider outsourcing your finance and accounting operations.
Here are seven key benefits of outsourcing accounting and finance.
- Be more efficient—For one week, keep track of how you spend your day. How much time do you spend each week on finance and accounting? If it is more than 1 – 2 hours a week…it’s too much. You should be spending your time improving operations, better serving customers, and growing your business. Removing the daily distractions of accounting will help you do this.
- Reduce costs—Outsourcing your accounting eliminates all of the costly taxes and fringe benefits associated with full and part time employees. You pay one fixed monthly fee for everything. Research has shown that outsourcing accounting can save up to 40% in monthly costs, when you consider the salary plus taxes, supervision, vacation and health insurance.
- Eliminate fraud—Most small businesses have one accounting person that does everything….sends out the bills, collects and deposit checks and reconciled the bank account. When these duties are not separated, you increase your risk of fraud. A recent Association of Certified Fraud Examiner’s study showed that the most common victims of fraud are privately owned small businesses with less than 100 employees with an average fraud amount of $147,000. Outsourced accounting provides you with the checks and balances, as well as the oversight that you need to prevent fraud.
- Highly qualified and experienced staff—By having a team of accountants and CPAs work together to take care of your books, you can take advantage of their significant accounting, tax, and compliance expertise which is all included in the monthly cost. By outsourcing you will automatically stay ahead of and comply with the myriad changes in income and sales tax and reporting laws.
- Ability to scale—By outsourcing finance and accounting, scaling your business becomes easier. Rather than distract yourself by hiring additional finance staff, outsourcing grows automatically with your business. You can focus on hiring the best people to sell your products and service your customers…which goes right to the bottom line.
- Improve cash flow—Outsourcing provides you with access to cloud based tools and technologies that will help you get paid faster and manage payments more effectively. At the simple click of a mouse, you can see an up to minute analysis of your cash.
- Better manage your business—What type of information are you receiving today from your finance system? Most importantly, how timely is it? When you get last month’s financial on the 20th of the following month, how do you support decisions in the beginning of the month? Outsourcing provides you with real time information on all aspects of your business, not just financials, with the click of a mouse.
If you're looking to build your team internally, consider outsourcing to one of Intacct's many valued IAP partners. The Intacct Accountants Program (IAP) includes access to an array of training resources and support tools designed to help grow your client accounting services practice and ensure success. Benefits include: access to the unique Accountant’s Console and use of Intacct Partner Portal, dedicated account management, free training for both your accounting users and implementation resources, and more.
This content was originally posted here.