Since 1969, United Fire has provided installation, service, recharge, and repair of fire extinguishers, fire suppression system, back flow devices and offers repair, inspection and parts for fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, exit lights, and emergency egress lighting. They pride themselves on keeping their employees educated on the newest standards and require proper licensing of all their technicians. United Fire offers excellent on-time service, reliability, and quality products.
United Fire wanted to increase the level of customer service that their technicians provided by improving technology, automating processes, and increasing efficiency across the organization. Their first steps towards this goal were to replace their 20+ year old computer systems and to implement ServiceTrade. However, there was a lack of integration with United Fire’s current accounting system. They needed a cloud-based solution that could:
- Integrate with ServiceTrade
- Eliminate manual duplicate entries
- Deliver up-to-date custom reports and dashboards
- Reduce dependency on Excel spreadsheets
FINDING THE RIGHT SOLUTION:
United Fire chose Leap the Pond to implement Sage Intacct, a cloud-based accounting software solution. The seamless integration between ServiceTrade and Sage Intacct was a key decision factor. Sage Intacct allows them to significantly improve accounting processes (no more manual dual entry and tedious Excel spreadsheets) and have real-time access to their financial reporting.
SEEING RESULTS RIGHT AWAY:
“Accounting was an accidental blessing to our company-wide technology upgrade. Before Sage Intacct we could not get a real-time status of our financials and our accounting department was doing a lot of manual entries. Now we have real-time visibility and transparency to our financial results from anywhere. It has completely changed our business model.” Jeff Wallace, United Fire. Sage Intacct provides a user-friendly environment for business and accounting users.
United Fire has a small accounting team and during the implementation process they lost a key accounting staff member. Leap the Pond provided the extra support needed to complete the implementation on time and trained United Fire’s new accountant on Sage Intacct’s platform. In addition, during United Fire’s staffing shortage, Leap the Pond assisted with their outsourced accounting services to close their month-end.
Since United Fire’s implementation, they have:
- Shortened their invoice cycle dramatically – they can now process same day invoices
- Improved the monthly reporting cycle to provide timely reports within days of the month end
- Simplified and streamlined key accounting processes
- Increased competence of accounting transparency and ability to track spending
- With investing in the right systems, United Fire now has a greater focus on their customers and is in a better position to make long-term strategic plans for their organization
To learn more about Sage Intacct can help your organization streamline the monthly reporting cycle, click here.