Software companies are turning to the cloud to achieve greater growth and reduced integration issues. Investing in cloud-based software will enable your organization to have accelerated digital innovation, while at the same time seamlessly connecting interdepartmental communications. Today’s advanced cloud solutions are extremely open, and allow for the frictionless movement of information from system to system. Each department can make the best choice for their needs to maximize performance.
Is the cloud safe?
As the cloud is becoming more mainstream, organizations are more accepting of cloud-based technologies. In fact, in 2016 the average organization used at least 13 cloud-based platforms. Stop and take a moment to think about how many cloud-based programs you use daily in the office. They are so integrated in our work environment that you might not even realize how dependent you are to them. Software solutions like Sage Intacct are held to the highest compliance standards. They build in security features to prevent outside attacks and ensure that your information stays confidential.
Challenges with traditional accounting software
- Data in the system is not up to date
- There is a reliance on Excel spreadsheets
- Software is only installed in one location
- Backups can be cumbersome
- Irregular updates, if at all
Benefits of cloud-based accounting software
- A real-time overview of your financial posture
- Automatic updates, ensuring that you have access to the best-in-class features and security measures
- Access to your data from multiple locations, in a remote working world this can ensure efficient financial decisions are made
- Everything runs in the cloud and your data is backed up automatically
- Greater communication between departments and vendors
Adopting the cloud for organization
If you’re ready to adopt the cloud, cloud-based accounting software such as Sage Intacct can almost immediately have an impact. It will change the way your accounting department functions. Cloud-based solutions tend to be faster and more efficient in accounting workflows than the technologies of the past. They also improve user experiences and continuously evolve to keep up with the transformation of markets and operations.
If you’re at a crossroads with your accounting software and thinking about making the leap and invest in a more robust platform, read our eBook: Choosing the Right Middle-Market Accounting Solution. It helps you begin your search for the right accounting solution that fits your unique business needs.
This content was originally posted here.
[ Published: November 17, 2017 ]