- 877-968-0600 Call
Bringing Underground Engineering Financials to the Cloud
GeoTechnologies Inc. is a geotechnical engineering firm whose services include preliminary site assessments, subsurface investigations, and construction materials testing on projects across various market sectors. As the company has matured over the past 25 years, it outgrew its on-premises Microsoft Dynamics GP software and decided to adopt more robust reporting to help project managers better analyze revenue and profitability in real-time.
GeoTechnologies worked with Sage Intacct partner, Massey Consulting, to migrate from Dynamics GP to Sage Intacct and configure the new solution for the company’s specific needs, such as integration with their in-house project management software. Using Sage Intacct, the GeoTechnologies finance team was able to streamline its multi-entity report preparation processes. This resulted in more time available to conduct deeper analysis, as well as gain valuable operational insight into project profitability, market volatility exposure, revenue categories, and other key business trends.
Previous Business Challenges:
- Outgrew its outdated on-premises financial software
- Spent excessive amounts of time exporting data to Excel and manipulating manual reports
- Wanted to help project managers better analyze revenue and profitability in real-time
Results with Sage Intacct:
- Saved 140 hours/year preparing reports
- Gained mission-critical insight into client mix and project profitability
- Software paid for itself in less than 5 months