- A mobile medical clinic provider shortened monthly close by two weeks
- A healthcare organization slashed project and department reporting from 10 days to 10 minutes
- A medical practice increased cash flow by $125,000
- A healthcare company saved $100,00 in staffing costs
- A senior-care management company cut more than 400 person-hours annually
HIPAA-Compliant Healthcare Cloud Accounting Software
The only healthcare accounting software endorsed by the AICPA and Healthcare Financial Management Association Peer Reviewed.
Healthcare accounting software that delivers clear, measurable results
Our customers' success is our success. Learn how Accurate Neuromonitoring Healthcare grew profitability 30% with Sage Intacct.
Ensuring your healthcare financials are HIPAA-compliant
When you need airtight HIPAA compliance, Sage Intacct’s cloud financial solutions - with an advanced audit trail - are the answer. Our security safeguards have been certified as HIPAA- and HITECH-compliant by Avertium (formerly Sword & Shield), and Sage Intacct is willing to enter into a Business Associate Agreement with eligible healthcare clients. With Sage Intacct, you have the peace of mind that you can meet strict regulatory requirements.
Learn how Tri County Mental Health Services gained confidence in HIPAA compliance with Sage Intacct.
Automating financials across your multi-entity organization
Multi-location or multi-entity healthcare organizations can use a shared chart of accounts, perform instant and continuous consolidations, centralize payables and eliminate manual processes for payments and intercompany accounting. Sage Intacct's healthcare accounting software helps you save time, improve accuracy, and without adding staff.
- Consolidate instantly and continuously
- Gain greater insights across business lines and locations
- Improve staff productivity and avoid additional headcount
Sage Intacct helped Personal Healthcare grow fast with multi-entity financial management and multidimensional reporting.
Multi-entity insight through dynamic dashboards
Thanks to intuitive dashboards and reports, Sage Intacct gives you real-time access to every metric and KPI that matters, such as profitability per location, treatment, CPT code, or physician.
- Create consolidated financial statements or summary rollup reports at any time, not just month-end
- Avoid Excel headaches and easily see the health of your practice or facility
- Get consolidated views and drill down to details
Thanks to greater financial visibility with Sage Intacct CareATC scaled easily with 3X revenue growth and cut their monthly close process 50%.
Sage Intacct accounting software products— #1 in customer satisfaction
We’ve earned the highest customer satisfaction in the industry from G2 since we focus on delivering an integrated accounting solution that puts your success first.
See why Sage Intacct is the #1 accounting software solution in customer satisfaction.
Resources for healthcare companies
Get more than software and solutions
Talks and articles from the world’s leading experts and trailblazers
Product help from a community of industry peers and partners
Free learning resources and certifications for you and your team
Join us in various cities for networking, learning, and the latest product updates
Access to an exclusive event for customers and partners to learn, collaborate, and inspire
A user-led and driven community of users to increase knowledge in your city
Sage Intacct gives us the flexibility to customize virtually any report and analyze our financial data using key operational metrics like cost per-patient-per-day—a measure that’s extremely important in a business as specialized as senior care.
Talk to an expert
Please fill out the form below and one of our knowledgeable finance and accounting representatives will get back to you.
Your request has been sent. We will be in touch shortly.
Frequently asked questions
Sage Intacct’s healthcare accounting software with Advanced Audit Trail is HIPAA compliant. Our security safeguards have been certified as HIPAA and HITECH compliant by Avertium (formerly Sword & Shield), and Sage Intacct is willing to enter into a Business Associate Agreement with eligible clients. With Sage Intacct, you have the peace of mind that you can meet strict regulatory requirements. In addition, Sage Intacct has received Peer Reviewed designation by the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA).
For more information, download the HIPAA: Safeguard Protected Health Information datasheet.
We’ve built our healthcare accounting software to support the ever-changing and complex healthcare industry. Our healthcare accounting software features include:
- Strong core accounting: Our key core accounting features provide the foundation for your financials: a dimensional general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, order management, purchasing, and Sage Intacct Collaborate to communicate with your team in real-time.
- Reporting and dashboards: Benefit from increased insight for faster financial decision-making by combining financial and operational data in new ways. Gain real-time visibility into every metric and KPI that matters, like profitability per location, treatment, CPT code, or physician.
- HIPAA compliance: When you think about protected health information (PHI), your financial system might not immediately come to mind. However, research has shown that many healthcare organizations don’t realize the extent to which PHI is stored in their financial management system. Our security safeguards have been certified as HIPAA- and HITECH-compliant by Avertium, and Sage Intacct is willing to enter into a Business Associate Agreement with eligible healthcare clients—giving you the peace of mind that you can meet strict regulatory requirements.
- Automated multi-entity financials: Push-button consolidations aggregate transactions in minutes across your healthcare organization with multiple entities, locations, and clinics. Use a shared chart of accounts, perform instant and continuous consolidations, centralize payables, and eliminate manual processes for payments and intercompany accounting.
- Control and compliance: Reduce risk and cost with automated workflow, internal controls, and streamlined compliance using built-in healthcare-specific reports and IRS-compliant financial statements.
- True cloud technology with open API: Track metrics central to your organization's operations and programs by leveraging key data from your EMR, payroll, budgeting, CRMs like Salesforce, and other existing or future systems important to your organization.
Learn more by watching the Sage Intacct Product Tour for Healthcare Organizations.
These are some of the biggest differences our healthcare customers notice when switching to Sage Intacct from QuickBooks:
- Anytime, anywhere business visibility: Real-time visibility into metrics is essential for faster financial decisions. QuickBooks offers canned reports — and no dashboards — so your visibility is limited, and you’re often forced to make decisions based on outdated information.
- Increased productivity: Automation and workflows allow you to streamline processes to save time and reduce errors. And many healthcare organizations naturally and gradually develop sophisticated accounting requirements (such as multi-entity consolidation). If QuickBooks is the financial foundation, that often means cumbersome workarounds because QuickBooks doesn't provide built-in capabilities for these complex processes, leaving users over-reliant on spreadsheets and manual data entry and re-entry.
- Scalability: As your organization grows, you need an accounting system that can grow with you. Sage Intacct provides a scalable architecture that allows for an increase in transaction volume and the ability to easily add new entities, a multi-ledger system, and robust financial controls to ensure compliance and auditability. Despite its popularity as a business application for small businesses, QuickBooks simply wasn’t designed for growing organizations that need advanced functionality to manage sophisticated processes.
Sage Intacct is a highly configurable, complete, modern cloud-based healthcare accounting software solution that accommodates the needs of healthcare organizations of varying sizes and complexity. Your cost for Sage Intacct will depend on the size of your accounting team and the modules you choose to implement
But cost is a relative term. With efficiency and productivity gains, our healthcare customers state that on average the software pays for itself in less than 6 months. For the healthcare customers below and many more Sage Intacct has been a worthwhile investment. With Sage Intacct ...
- CareATC scaled easily with 3X revenue growth and cut their monthly close process 50%
- Accurate Neuromonitoring Healthcare grew profitability 30%
- Vera Whole Health increased finance team efficiency by 25% and enabled a 70% faster close
To learn more, request a price quote.
Sage Intacct has been an innovative leader in the cloud financial management and accounting space for more than a decade. Over that time, we've accumulated widespread acclaim at the company level, as well as for our product and employee achievements.
As the only healthcare accounting software preferred by the AICPA and Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) Peer Reviewed, Sage Intacct is considered the best healthcare accounting software solution by independent finance and software experts like the AICPA, Gartner, HFMA, G2, TrustRadius, and many others.
In its G2 Grid Report for Mid-Market Accounting, G2 named Sage Intacct as a leader with the highest customer satisfaction score for ERP systems. And it wasn’t just this year. Since 2015, Sage Intacct has consistently had the highest scores on satisfaction, product direction, and net promoter score when compared to other cloud accounting software providers.