The Dynamic Allocations software module works with Sage Intacct Accounting to eliminate the need for error-prone, time-consuming spreadsheets. Allocate indirect costs, revenue contributions, asset, and liability amounts across products, projects, departments, and other critical dimensions of your business.
Automated Accounting Allocations
Understand the true performance of your organization with fully automated allocations.
Automation and productivity highlights
Easy set-up and repeatable allocations allow for more time spent on oversight, analysis, and strategy
Automatic corrections eliminate post-period adjustments
Compare allocation methods to drive strategy
Increase transparency with a rock-solid audit trail
Perform allocations without complex spreadsheets
Remove complexity from allocations
Easily schedule recurring allocations, even across entities, to run automatically. Saving you up to three days each month—time for more value-add activities.
Avoid time-wasting manual corrections with Dynamic Allocations
Our flexible true-up options save you from having to go in and make corrective post-period adjustments. Corrections can be baked into the allocation equation, automatically following a strategy defined up-front to catch and account for change.
Be prepared with the best audit trail, complete with snapshot views of allocation rationale and calculation parameters automatically attached to each allocation journal entry for complete transparency.
Use data to drive decisions and strategy
Sage Intacct’s innovative allocation books enable you to easily get before and after views of your allocations or compare allocation methods. Quickly see the impact of your allocations to help guide your decision making and allocation strategy.
Anyone with a subscription to Sage software has automatic access to all the benefits of Sage Membership.
Flexible advanced functionality to automate and streamline key finance and accounting processes.
- Dynamic AllocationsFully automate allocations
- Fixed AssetsComprehensive automated asset management
- Intelligent TimeAI-powered timesheets
- Inventory ManagementGet the right items in the right place at the right time
- Multi-Entity and Global ConsolidationsPowerful, lighting-fast continuous consolidations
- Project AccountingStay on-track, on-budget, and profitable
- Revenue RecognitionIntelligent, automated, and compliant revenue management
- Sales and Use TaxKeep up with rules and compliance requirements
- Spend ManagementStreamline purchasing and payables
- Time and Expense ManagementMaximize revenue and minimize time and effort
- Vendor Payment ServicesMake faster, safer, and accurate payments
Dynamic Allocations has enabled us to do the valuable allocations that we have always wanted to do but didn’t have the manpower. By using automated journal entries in Dynamic Allocations, we’re saving an accountant 1-2 days of work a month and are able to provide even more valuable insights to management.
Frequently asked questions
Dynamic Allocations fully automates allocations inside your accounting solution so you can understand the true performance of your organization. Allocate indirect costs, revenue contributions, assets and liability amounts across multiple dimensions and entities to save days of time, increase accuracy, and gain insight into the impact to financials, all with a solid audit trail. Built as a modern allocation solution, you’re getting a solution with years of best practices built in, giving you an innovative, streamlined solution.
- Basis: Sage Intacct supports statistical accounts or relative financial account balances as basis out-of-the-box
- Pervasive dimensionality: Sage Intacct allows you to use any standard or user defined dimensions when setting up allocations to do things such as limit the inputs and outputs of allocations.
- Snapshot: Sage Intacct offers the ability to view snapshots of an allocations impact to quickly get a before and after view.
- Recurring allocations: Sage Intacct allows customers to easily set up recurring allocations—and there’s no need to be reminded to book allocations because it happens automatically
- True-up: When creating a new allocation, Sage Intacct automatically checks for previous allocations in the same source period. If one is found, the previous allocation is automatically reversed as the first step when the new allocation is generated. The GL posting date will be the same as the new allocation creation date and will essentially ‘reset’ the allocation amount as though the prior allocation didn’t exist. Your allocations adjust as your basis accuracy over time
Dynamic Allocations allow for increased automation and productivity:
- Easy set-up and repeatable allocations allow for more time spent on oversight, analysis, and strategy
- Automatic corrections eliminate post-period adjustments
- Compare allocation methods to drive strategy
- Increase transparency with a rock-solid audit trail
- Allows line-item amounts to be broken out by dimensions at the time of a transaction is booked
- Can be percentage based, exact amount, fixed amounts using over or under logic
- Ability to import large transaction allocations
- Assigned at the time of booking transactions
- Are static splits between dimensions, not dynamic calculations
- Stored in accrual book
- Allocated on account balances
- Entries which need to be grouped or run sequentially
- Run on recurring intervals
- Can be either statically assigned splits or dynamically calculated
- Stored in a user defined book and journal