Sage Intacct project accounting software automates the project accounting processes your service business needs. We show you the costs, time, and expenses and help you manage resources, billing – even revenue recognition. Generate deep insights from financial reporting that keep individual projects on track and your overall business growing profitably.
Project Accounting Software
Why Project Accounting? Project accounting focuses on financial transactions including costs, revenue, and billing, as they relate to project management. This allows financial tasks to be attributed to specific projects so that their progress and success can easily be reported.
See all your time, expense, and project-based accounting data—financial and non-financial—in one place.
Automation and productivity highlights
Customize project accounting: Fit project capabilities to the needs of your business
Improve profit margins: Base new project bids on better data
Lower costs: Streamline project management and project billing processes
Keep clients happy: Make it easy for your team to get information and provide great service
Project accounting software—on-track, on-time, on-target
Thanks to Sage Intacct, learn how International Living Future Institute achieves true project accounting with:
- Efficient project reporting
- Ability to scale complex operations
- Software paid for itself in less than 8 months
The right solution for project accounting
Sage Intacct accounting software automates project management, time-tracking, full-featured costing and resource management, project billing, and revenue recognition. Track expenses by projects, budget to actual, and more within projects, identify unbilled R&D costs, or run billable services projects for clients.
Using Sage Intacct's project accounting software, European Paving Designs:
- Managed 400% growth over 5 years while keeping finance overhead flat
- Shortened financial close by more than 60%
- Leveraged project insights to improve profit margins
Smarter resource management and project billing
Find the right resource, with the right skills, and the right availability to quickly start your project. Sage Intacct Project Accounting software lets you easily identify who’s over-scheduled and who’s on the bench, so you get accurate insight into team utilization and efficiency. It also simplifies project billing workflows across finance and operations. What’s more, you gain the time and visibility you need to think strategically and see which projects and client types are most profitable for your services organization or agency.
Learn how Red Door Interactive switched its financial system to achieve:
- 55+ hours saved on monthly workflows and reporting
- Reduced accounts payable processing time by 83%
- Software paid for itself in less than 9 months based on business value
Streamlined revenue recognition
Sage Intacct project accounting software improves financial accuracy by generating invoices in the right format, with the right terms and the right amounts using the right data, supporting a variety of fixed price and T&M methods. Separate revenue recognition from billing and automatically calculate and post based on milestones, schedules, or percentage completion.
Sage Intacct’s robust financial accounting capabilities allow Clinical Trial and Consulting to gain visibility and make informed, strategic spending decisions while easily scaling during rapid expansion. Results include:
- Saved 30 hours per month managing the close
- Cut project reporting time by 16 hours per month
- Software paid for iteself in less than 4 months
Better answers, better ideas
Sage Intacct keeps you up to date with role-specific reports and dashboards. Give clients and colleagues answers about current statuses, milestones, and invoicing, and generate insights on revenue, costs, percent completion, budget to actual and utilization to improve profit margins.
Learn how RIVR Media relies on Sage Intacct to:
- Save $100,000 annually in reduced manual work and IT support
- Streamline inter-company financial processes to shorten monthly close by 3-4 days while saving more than 125 person-hours each month
- Powerful multi-entity, multi-dimensional general ledger improves project and financial visibility
Flexible advanced functionality to automate and streamline key finance and accounting processes.
- Dynamic AllocationsFully automate allocations
- Fixed AssetsComprehensive automated asset management
- Intelligent TimeAI-powered timesheets
- Inventory ManagementGet the right items in the right place at the right time
- Multi-Entity and Global ConsolidationsPowerful, lighting-fast continuous consolidations
- Project AccountingStay on-track, on-budget, and profitable
- Revenue RecognitionIntelligent, automated, and compliant revenue recognition
- Sales and Use TaxKeep up with rules and compliance requirements
- Spend ManagementStreamline purchasing and payables
- Time and Expense ManagementMaximize revenue and minimize time and effort
- Vendor Payment ServicesMake faster, safer, and accurate payments
Bringing Underground Engineering Financials to the Cloud with Sage Intacct
Project Accounting on a Global Scale
C1S Group - Sage Intacct Customer Story
Before we had Sage Intacct in place, we had no way to do true project accounting. We spent hours every month manually looking at time clock data to check hours spent on different grant deliverables or consulting projects. With Sage Intacct’s robust project accounting capabilities, our employee’s time is tracked right in the system, and we easily capture all the activity detail we need for project and program reporting.
Talk to an expert
Please fill out the form below and one of our knowledgeable finance and accounting representatives will get back to you.
Your request has been sent. We will be in touch shortly.