Nonprofits must be good stewards of donor dollars—and data. With financial management often being a core system of record for organizations, ensuring the security of financial data is essential due diligence for any nonprofit.
Considering Switching from Blackbaud?
With a customer satisfaction score of 88, Sage Intacct is the #1 Cloud Financial System for Nonprofits on G2, based exclusively on reviews by verified users of all the top software solutions in the Nonprofit Software category. If you’re considering Blackbaud Financial Edge or Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT, their customers rate their satisfaction a mere 41.
Modern cloud technology built for nonprofits
Deep nonprofit-specific capabilities
- With built-in grant management to provide comprehensive grant tracking, billing and reporting, pre-built FASB 958 compliant reports, and the Nonprofit Digital Board Book to provide nonprofit industry best practice metrics, Sage Intacct’s goal is to enable better financial stewardship for nonprofit organizations
Gain greater visibility into mission success
- Say goodbye to a linear, segmented chart of accounts. With Sage Intacct, you get a fully dimensional chart of accounts which allows you to automatically report on both financial and operational metrics and slice and dice your data for greater visibility
Native cloud from day one
- Sage Intacct was built on a cloud platform from day one—which means you won’t have to switch from a web client to database client to do your work. Our best-in-class approach allows you to seamlessly connect with the systems of your choice (like fundraising, CRMs like Salesforce, payroll, and more) and eliminate information silos
Designed to grow with you
- As your organization grows, Sage Intacct’s unique architecture streamlines access for operational oversight of multiple locations, currencies, entities, or program areas with real-time consolidations. Our structure allows you to share the chart of accounts, vendors, and reports across entities
Nonprofits trust Sage Intacct’s world-class security
Learn the best practices and policies necessary to protect your data with Sage Intacct security.
Sage Intacct is a true cloud solution designed for nonprofits
An innovator in cloud financials, Sage Intacct was born in the cloud and the first to offer multi-entity accounting on a platform purpose-built for finance. Unlike Financial Edge by Blackbaud, which is a legacy on-premises solution ported over to the cloud, you’ll never have to worry about being on the latest version of our software or complicated and expensive upgrades.
Deep industry-specific capabilities give our nonprofit customers the peace of mind that we are the right partner to help them advance their mission. Capabilities include:
Learn about the benefits of cloud-based nonprofit accounting software.
Get instant insights into your performance and outcome metrics
Sage Intacct’s dimensional chart of accounts allows you to slice and dice your financial and operational metrics for greater visibility.
- Blackbaud Financial Edge’s reporting dimensions are limited and don’t allow you to set up hierarchical structures or assign attributes to dimensions. With Sage Intacct, dimensions are flexible and unlimited, allowing you greater visibility across any combination of metrics.
- Financial Edge by Blackbaud does not support multi-currencies or shared entities. Sage Intacct supports multiple currencies and global consolidation that enables organizations to consolidate hundreds of entities in minutes (not days). Ask Blackbaud if their customers have achieved these results.
Learn how to leverage outcome metrics to sustain funding and maximize impact.
- Abila MIP Fund Accounting AlternativeThe #1 nonprofit cloud financial system
- Acumatica AlternativeSwitch to Sage Intacct and automate financial reporting and processes with an easy UX and connectivity
- Blackbaud AlternativeThe #1 nonprofit cloud financial system
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 AlternativeThe proven cloud financial management solution
- Microsoft Dynamics GP AlternativeBoost efficiency in the cloud
- NetSuite AlternativeSee how easy consolidations, billings and reporting are with Sage Intacct
- QuickBooks AlternativeThe #1 QuickBooks Alternative
Making the switch from Blackbaud to Sage Intacct has saved us tremendous amounts of time by minimizing data entry and providing intuitive, powerful reporting that we just didn’t have before.
Talk to an expert
Please fill out the form below and one of our knowledgeable finance and accounting representatives will get back to you.
Frequently asked questions
Sage Intacct’s accounting software was built in the cloud which allows for a seamless experience, integrations with the systems you already use and prefer, and assurance that you’ll always be on the latest version with automated upgrades. Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT began as an on-premises software solution (Financial Edge by Blackbaud), so different hosted technologies have been pieced together over the years. This results in inconsistent deployments, challenging upgrades, and difficult and expensive integrations.
Sage Intacct’s largest industry focus is nonprofit. We are committed to enabling nonprofits to be better financial stewards and have purpose-built nonprofit functionality. We are endorsed by the AICPA and 100% of our research and development is invested in our finance product.
- Sage Intacct’s disclosures dashboard assists with the new emphasis on financial statement disclosures. This makes it easier for you to stay in compliance and makes auditors happy.
- Unlimited dimensions in Sage Intacct are available for reports, dashboards, and drilldown. Account “segments” must be stripped out with Blackbaud reporting.
- Sage Intacct’s Report Scheduler allows users to share insights and dashboards with key stakeholders.
- Automated revenue recognition in Sage Intacct allows you to save time, minimize errors, and simplify audits while streamlining ASU 2018-08 and ASC 606 compliance for nonprofits.
If you’re trying to master the unique challenges of fund accounting while trapped by the limitations of simple spreadsheets, it’s time to look at Sage Intacct. Only Sage Intacct's fund accounting software gives you the clear, real-time visibility you need to efficiently and proactively pursue your organization’s mission and manage your growth, while reducing fund accounting process costs.
Sage Intacct's fund accounting software helps nonprofits and fund administrators:
- Easily manage and track funds and grants
- Increase productivity by automating manual processes
- Ensure appropriate stewardship of funds and donations
- Deliver real-time reporting and visibility to stakeholders
- Manage access and permissions to geographically dispersed employees and volunteers